Anxiety is an inseparable part of life. A certain level of worry is good as it leads to healthy choices, such as wearing a seat belt while driving or looking both ways before crossing the road.
Anxiety may increase during decision making and important events. Particularly, many single people experience anxiety regarding dating and relationships. It is important to realize that some anxiety is reasonable but too much tension may spoil your date. It is normal human nature to be nervous in a new situation with a new person.
Here are some tips for you to relax before a date with rich men.
• Listen to some music that makes you feel good. Wear something that makes you feel attractive and comfortable. Boost your confidence. Think of the positive qualities about yourself.
• Avoid bringing anxious thoughts and feelings. Anxious thoughts bring up another anxious thought, so breaks the cycle by replacing your anxiety with a positive thought.
• Release some endorphins by exercising or engaging in physical activity to bring a feeling of well being. Or try a yoga session to calm your mind.
• Face it like this – your upcoming first date is one short, single event in your life. Moreover, it is only a little phase of your entire day and you will get through it confidently.
• Practice overcoming your fears in your everyday’s life. Try to say thank you to a stranger or start a random conversation with someone. All these will naturally make you feel good about yourself.
• Plan some intelligent conversation starters or topics for the date. Choose the subjects you are confident about and the subjects that interest you. Having a plan is always helpful.
• Call your friend who has already experienced all these and you might get some help. Allow your friend to explain that your date is also just as nervous as you are and that you do not have to worry about it.
• Brain challenging tasks like solving a crossword divert your attention. Not only does this reduce anxiety but it makes you sharper and might stimulate interesting conversation.
• Give your mind and body 15 minutes of meditation. Feel the moment by focusing only on your breathing. Take deeper breaths to slow down your heartbeat and reduce stress in the body. Meditation enables you to focus more effectively in the moment.
• Laughter reduces stress and increases relaxation. Watching twenty to thirty minutes of a comedy show puts you in a good mood. You can also learn a few jokes to share with your rich guy.